Do Your Columns Need Replacing
If your beams or columns in your basement or crawlspace are broken or not properly installed, they can cause safety issues in your building. There could be a few reasons your beams and columns are failing, including improper installment or old age. Either way, if your beams need to be repaired or replaced, the professionals at Atlas Restoration are ready to evaluate the condition of the structure and provide repair to stabilize the beams and columns.
Here are some common signs your beams and columns need to be repaired or replaced:
- Uneven floors
- Cracks in drywall
- Doors or windows out of plumb
- Wood beams twisting or splintering
- Wood beams sagging between columns
Find the Right Solution
The team at Atlas Restoration will work with you to find the right solution to your unique situation. Our process for repairing or replacing beams involves:
- Wood joists are temporarily shored to remove the load off existing beams
- Floor leveling is attempted using hydraulic jacks
- Columns and piers are removed or repaired
- New beams are installed transferring the weight to the new columns
- The temporary shoring is removed, and the work site is cleaned
The experts at Atlas Restoration are here to fix your failing beams and columns. Call us today at 847-994-2526 to learn more about our repair and replacement process.